Saturday, November 13, 2010

step by step

Took advantage of Painter's iterative save function to record the process of a quick demo painting for a class.


I used that same sketch of a paper tea cup to make a sort of sloppy framework sketch
tea_cup_000


Blocked in the colors, mostly for the sake of value
tea_cup_001


Redefined areas and tones
tea_cup_002

Started finessing, adding detail and brightening and darkening areas
tea_cup_003


Last one. Worked in a tiny bit more detail and added some cooler hues to the shadows to balance out the green-y yellow.
tea_cup_004

It's still just a color sketch, but I think I'm good with it.

2 comments:

mnelson said...

Oh man, the colors in this are totally lovely. What a neat function too! Is that an Infinitea clutch, I see?

Francesca said...

@mnelson
Thank you! Yeah, I love this iterative save thing. I'm going to junk up my computer space with a million saves of everything.
Yep! I drew that cup at Infinitea :)