Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter and things

I have a confession to make. I make this confession nearly every year. Well, I make it every time another Harry Potter film comes out. I sort of don't care about the movies. But it's okay! It's okay. I really like the Lost finale, and nobody likes that. Plus, I love the books. PLUS some friends and I are going to the midnight showing tonight.

Anyway, I've been super fortunate and took part in Ten Paces and Draw again. And it was Harry Potter themed! I love Harry Potter!
Here's my sketch, that was finished by Katie Turner.

harrypotter_tenpaces_francescabuchko

And here's my finished illustration, that was sketched by Trevor Basset. I used the watercolors again, and that almost always makes me happy.

hagrid_tenpaces_francescabuchko
watercolor and ink on 190 lb cold press paper

I've been working a lot in Photoshop still and I like a lot of the stuff that's been happening. The possibilities are endless.
thoseguys

Here are some of my favorite latest patterns from the illustrious Daily Pattern Project.

dailypattern_7.7.11_francescabuchko
mouse

dailypattern_7.11.11_francescabuchko
wedding

No comments: