Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Daily Pattern: Books

Today's daily pattern is a tribute to my parents, who not only passed on an eager appreciation of reading and books, but passed on an appreciation of a certain genre of literature: the mystery.
dailypattern_5.11.11
Nearly every Thursday my parents' have a date night. I remember when I was little we'd have a babysitter if they went to eat, or they'd stay home and watch an A&E's murder mystery. They'd actively theorize about motives and culprits of the cases, and I'd sneak down and listen to the program. I don't doubt this is where my love of TV theories comes from.
When I was old enough to read something that didn't have pictures on every page, I read through my parent's entire collection of classic murder mystery novels. I love them to this day; there is nothing more romantic than a locked room mystery.

A part of the Daily Pattern project.

No comments: