Thursday, January 7, 2010

the lake effect

Lawrence 2010
I really wanted to do a New Year's picture with Lawrence, so here that is. The plan is to draw a Lawrence New Year picture every New Year.

lake effect
We have been getting snow almost nonstop for the last two weeks. Sometimes it's only a little bit, sometimes it's a dumpload. During the last blizzard I wanted to try capturing the place, like before...

downtownsnow
This one is based on downtown during the evening, just as it's getting dark. My brother and I were driving (LETHAL) around at that time so I did this one from memory. Needless to say, it's not accurate.


acrossthestreet
This one, however, I did while looking out the window, with as much accuracy as I could muster (and still keep an artistic license).

1 comment:

Roxy said...

ARGH! FRANCESCA! ALL OF THESE IMAGES ARE AWESOME! HOW DID I NOT SEE THESE EARLIER!?
IT'S SO AWESOME I CAN'T STOP TALKING IN CAPS! SOMEBODY STOP ME!