Thursday, December 24, 2009

travel and sketches

I'm not sure what it is about these kinds of car rides, but I find them very inspiring.
travel
All kinds of inspiring. Lately, there is something about the landscape. Actually, lately there is something about place. I've always preferred drawing people, but there's something about place that is mentally and spiritually soothing. Sometimes they take memories and wash them with imagination and form them into this picturesque, comfortable experience.
Some places are the opposite of that. But either way, they radiate something, and it's very something very perpetual and strong.

And some other sketchbook sketches.
sketches

1 comment:

Katy Farina said...

I love your sketchbook doodle page - your characters are all so vivacious, it's really refreshing. :)

And you're definitely right about *place*. It's invigorating to just be in a space without agenda, really, and just experience what's there. Of course you know how character oriented I am myself, but it's very interesting how sometimes a place itself is a character, for better or for worse.